Currently not running due to COVID19 restrictions
Have you got stuff that needs repairing and don’t know where to start? Or, perhaps you are good at fixing things. If so, our Repair Café is for you.
Repair Cafés are places where you can bring household items to be mended. We have extensive tool kits, fuses, wires, cables etc and a team of able repairers. For items that we can’t fix immediately we can hopefully diagnose the problem and advise the best way forward.
We will be running a Repair Café in the Otley Maker Space on the last Sunday of every month from 10am to 2pm, coinciding with the Courthouse Craft Market and Otley Farmers Market. Please check the Calendar for Repair Café dates.
We are about learning and request that people stay with their item while it is being repaired. You will be asked to sign a disclaimer before we start repair on your item, as we cannot guarantee successful repair. See below for full terms and conditions of the Repair Café.
The Repair Café operates a pay as you feel policy.
Repair Café Terms & Conditions
- All repairs carried out at the Otley Maker Space Repair Café are performed at the visitor’s own risk. The advice and repairs are carried out by volunteers who are sharing their skills and time for free, but voluntary donations are welcome to cover expenses, wear and tear on tools, and any parts used in a repair.
- Visitors are expected to remain with the repairer while the repair is being carried out in order to see how the repair is being done and to pick up new skills. Items should not be left with the repairer and collected at a later time. We want you to go home feeling more confident in repairing your stuff yourself.
- Neither the volunteer organisers of Otley Maker Space Repair Café nor the repairers are liable for any loss or injury that may result from any repair carried out or for any advice or instructions given and used at a later date.
- Neither the organisers of Otley Maker Space Repair Café nor the repairers are liable for any accidental damage that may occur to either goods or visitors during their time at the session.
- Repairers offer no guarantee for any repairs carried out with or without their help and are not liable if any repaired items do not work properly at home or break down again in the future.
- If you happen to know what consumables e.g. leads, plugs, fuses, zips, etc. might be needed to fully complete a repair please bring these along. The repairers will have some bits and pieces but there are no guarantees they will have exactly what is needed.
- After making an initial assessment of an item, the repairers are entitled to refuse to repair it, and are not obliged to reassemble disassembled appliances that cannot be repaired.
- Visitors are responsible for the tidy removal of all items that cannot be repaired.
- If the Otley Maker Space Repair Café is busy, a maximum of one broken item per visitor will be examined. If a visitor has a second item to repair they may join the back of the queue.
- Parents are responsible for their children whilst attending the Otley Maker Space Repair Café.